Saturday, November 9, 2013

Days 5 through 9...

Day 5: I am thankful for cheap dates. On Tuesday, Keith and I decided to go see the movie Ender's Game. It's Keith's favorite book, and he has been SO excited to see the movie. So our thoughts were, "Hey, it's Tuesday. No one goes to the movies on Tuesdays. There will be plenty of seats. And we probably only need to be there 10 minutes early." Little did we know (or I guess we just forgot because we totally did know this...) that Tuesdays are DISCOUNT Tuesdays at the movie theater. So instead of tickets being $8.75, they're $6.25. The theater was PACKED. When we finally got to the ticket counter after waiting in line for over 20 minutes, there were about 10 seats left in the theater. All in the front row. Great. So we got some tickets, craned our necks for 2 hours, and watched the movie. Which was actually pretty good. I've never read the book, but I am pretty hard to please when it comes to movies. A general rule is that the movie is good if I bother to stay awake through it haha. Anyway, it ended up being a fun night. And $5 cheaper than we were expecting, which is always a good surprise.

Day 6: I am grateful for pizza and bread sticks. Man alive, I could live off the stuff! That and tacos! My two favorite meals ever! Yay carbs! You are just so yummy in my tummy :) I'm not really sure what else to say about that...

Day 7: I am thankful for weddings. On Thursday Keith and I had the opportunity to go to a wedding reception of a good friend of ours. I've known him since my freshman year at BYU so going on 6 years now, and he's just great! I have loved watching him fall in love with his now wife. They are SO CUTE and so perfect for each other. And they have a lot of class. Something that Keith and I definitely lack haha. So I admire them for that. They're seriously so great. Anyway, I just love celebrating love! It was great to be surrounded by our good friends cheering on these two on their wedding day. Every time I attend a wedding, it is a wonderful reminder of how I felt on my own wedding day and how much I love my cute boy. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Seriously. Such a great day. I LOVE WEDDINGS!

Day 8: Am I allowed to be grateful for my family again? Seriously I just love them so much. Maybe today, I'm particularly thankful for the sense of humor my family has. I think we got it from my dad. He's such a funny guy. And I think my sister got a lot of those humor genes. She is literally the funniest girl I know. And she has been for a LONG time. Heck, she's only 15! But for years now, she's been able to make me laugh so hard that I cry. And it's REAL, intentional humor, not the kind where she doesn't know she's being funny. She is very aware of how hilarious she is. I think maybe she's just mature for her age? I don't know. She's adorable. I'll post some pics just for fun because I love her. Hopefully she doesn't mind. :)

Day 9: I am thankful for sleep! I would have said frisbee or exercise again because I seriously just love it so much! But Keith says I can't do the same thing twice... So I'm thankful for the naps I get to take after working out so hard. Or the fantastic night's sleep I get that night. I just love the feeling of your entire body being worn out enough to fall asleep within 2 minutes of hitting the pillow. It's so relaxing! I remember my freshman year at BYU I lived off of 4 hours of sleep a night. Consistently. Like an entire year of it. I don't know how I did that!!! That was such a weird year. Now I LOVE my sleep. I try to get 7 or 8 hours a night. I can't believe the 360 I've done since then. Weird...

My sister sent me these photos in an email called "Sexy Secretary" hahaha! What a cutie patootie!


This is her formal dress for her glee club concert this Christmas.

4 comments:

Colette said...

Yay for cheap dates! Sorry about the neck craning, though.

And who got married?

Julie said...

Goddard!

Nancyann said...

It's been fun reading your Thanksgiving posts - it almost inspires me to start up my blog again...almost. :P What it does do though is make me miss you guys! And guess what? Another random thing you have in common with Gabe: tacos are his very favorite. For real, we have them at least once a week, lol.

Mis Ris said...

Blast it...now I want tacos. As for the pizza. We have pizza and breadsticks just about every week. mmmmmm