Thursday, November 21, 2013

Days 18 through 21

Day 18: This is going to taste so awful coming out of my mouth. But I really am grateful for technology. I know I'm not the most tech savvy person around. I have a 5 year old laptop and a dumb phone. But they serve my purposes just fine, the main purpose being staying in touch with my family and friends. Sunday night my brother came over for dinner, and we Face Timed my parents and sister. They were celebrating some birthdays. I really wish I could have been there in person. But I am so grateful for the next best thing. I was able to see them and hear them and talk to them. I love the technology that enables me to have those abilities at my fingertips any time I want. I already live 2000 miles away from my family, and I haven't been physically with them for about 15 months now. I can't imagine how sad I would feel if I was unable to talk or see them via technology.

Day 19: I'm thankful for our car. It isn't anything special. In fact, we've had to put a LOT of money in repairs into it since we got it. But I so appreciate having a mode of transportation. Originally, I was planning on riding a bike to work this school year. I only work about 18 blocks away (2 miles ish). But now that winter is creeping in, I realize why that was a crazy idea. Winter in Provo. No good. No way I would be riding a bike through that crap. I am so happy I have a car. I'm also grateful for Keith's kind co-workers. He has a friend who has been driving him to and from work for almost an entire year now. We were so lucky to find someone who was willing to do that for Keith. Paul, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Day 20: I'm grateful for the temple. Keith and I went on Tuesday night with some friends. (Thank you for inviting us guys! Keith and I aren't always the best at finding time to go...) Anyway, I just love being there. I'm so lucky to live in Provo where there is one so close to me. It's pretty crowded. All the time. But it's okay. I learn more every time I go, and I'm so glad that I have a husband who is worthy to be there with me and answer most of my stupid questions. :)

Day 21: I'm grateful for Keith's job. Keith has been working full time for about 2 and a half years now. He has been supporting our family ever since we got married. He worked while I finished school, and he's still working now. It was because of him that we were able to pay rent or eat the first year we were married. I am so thankful for that. Another reason I like Keith's job specifically is that he gets a lot of perks. He gets a free lunch every day in their company cafeteria. And that food can be pretty darn delicious! Sometimes I'll join him if I have a day off or something. He gets work swag (sweatshirts, tshirts, water bottles, etc), wins prizes (like our ipad mini), and gets free movie tickets. Like to the movie Catching Fire. Which we're going to see tonight. For free. With free popcorn. And soda. I love free stuff!!! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! Watch the trailer here if you haven't seen it yet. AHHH! YAY!!! Yeah, talking to customers can sometimes be annoying, but we really have been so blessed just because of his job. I love it.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of the movie!

Garry the Jeweler said...

Julie,
I am loving you blog posts. It has been a fun way to learn a little bit more about you. I really wish we lived closer and could spend more time with you guys. But I am so grateful Keith has you. You are awesome!
Mom