Sunday, November 24, 2013

Days 22 through 24

Day 22: I am SO SO SO thankful for captivating movies and television shows. I've never been hugely interested in either of those things. I'm hard to impress when it comes to movies. Over the years, it has become rare that I'll watch one and care to watch it again. Most TV shows, I find difficult to get involved in or sloppy. But man alive, when I find one actually worth watching, I can't get enough of it. And after a long and exhausting day, sometimes there's nothing I like to do more than just sit on the couch with Keith and watch a show together. For example, Catching Fire. Seriously one of the most amazing films I have ever seen. I bet you never would have guessed seeing as I saw it 2 nights in a row haha. I'm blown away at how Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson (thank goodness for him) have matured and enabled me to feel and love their characters. ALL of the characters in the movie were exactly how I pictured them while reading the book. Some were even better than I imagined. Johanna Mason. EXCELLENT WORK. It's difficult to find a book whose movie adaptation is actually WORTHY of it, but Catching Fire passed that test with flying colors. I think we might even go see it again over Thanksgiving break haha. If you like the book, go see that movie NOW. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Day 23: I'm grateful for coupons haha. I'm not an extreme couponer or anything like that. I have friends who are. I just haven't gotten started with that yet. Anyway, I love the coupons I do find and use. Keith and I went to a movie Saturday night and had some coupons for the theater. We ended up getting two slurpees and some nachos for $4.75. I know that doesn't sound like some fabulous deal or anything, but when the normal price for those items together would have been about 14 dollars, I feel pretty proud of myself only paying a third of that price.

Day 24: I'm thankful for cards and other fun games to play. My family grew up playing games together. Like ALL THE TIME. I don't think a lot of people understand me when I say this haha. Not something like, 'Oh, we play games together on Sunday nights' or a casual 'Yeah, I like to play games.' I mean full on constantly playing games. Go to school every day. As soon as we come home, start playing games. Take a break for dinner. Then continue playing games. Get ready for bed. Oh wait. Let's play some more games. ALL day EVERY day. Probably another one of the reasons I'm so hyperactive as an adult haha. And man alive, my family is competitive. About everything. Seriously. Which I actually sort of love. Other people probably don't. Deal with it. :)

1 comment:

Joan said...

Are you sure you didn't have to do any homework sometime during the day??? Love you and can hardly wait to see you next month! :)