Sunday, November 17, 2013

Days 15 through 17

Day 15: I am thankful for talents and talented people, especially those willing to share them. On Friday night we went to a talent show that a few of our friends were involved in. One of them is in a band, and they are fabulous. They blow me away every time they perform. Another friend participated in a humorous dance number, and it was a fantastic end to the show. I love being able to learn and observe others' talents. I'm thankful that appreciation of the arts is a talent of mine. It's one of my daddy's talents too. I didn't understand it when I was younger which was unfortunate. But I understand it now and love it. I can listen to people perform all day long, and it makes me so happy.

Day 16: I am grateful for music! I love listening to it, playing it, singing it, everything about it. Music is one of my favorite companions. It keeps me company when I'm alone. I can carry it with me all day and let it fill the silence when there's nobody around. It can breathe life into my soul when I'm bored or tired. It can inspire me and make me feel happy when I'm sad. It accompanies dance, sporting events, holidays, and my house cleaning parties. I just love it and can't imagine my life without it.

Day 17: I am thankful for hot water. It's Sunday morning. Church starts in under two hours. And half of our apartment complex is without hot water for some reason. Actually, we're without cold water as well. The only water we have is absolutely FREEZING, numb your hands, I'm going to lose some phalanges because of frostbite water. And I'm sorry but I am NOT showering in that water, and I am NOT leaving my house without a shower today. So if this issue isn't fixed, I might just have to read a few extra scriptures tonight or something to make up for my lack of church attendance haha. Yeah, I want my hot water back. Keith has called our managers so hopefully it's fixed soon.

This is my friend's band who performed at the talent show Friday night. They are called Brothers of Others. This is Popcorn Popping, one of their warm up/sound checks. And this is one of their songs called Soften my Heart.

No comments: