Monday, November 11, 2013

Days 10 and 11

Day 10: I am grateful for my slight... let's be honest... obsessive need to be clean and organized. And I mean, everything. Clean clothes, clean house, clean person, etc. I don't know where I get it. My dad maybe? I'm not sure why, but I seriously can't handle it when things are strewn about or dirty dishes are left in our sink for more than a day or so. I'm a stress cleaner. That may be why my house looks spotless right now haha. Let's just say yesterday wasn't the greatest day. Laundry might be my all time favorite chore. Again because it's this magical process that gives me clean clothing and makes my bedroom look tidier simultaneously! It's so awesome!!! The only part of cleaning that I struggle with is straight up dusting. Like those very top shelves on the bookshelf that you can't reach, ceiling fan blades, or the blinds on the window. I'll admit that I skip dusting those... quite often. I need to get better about that... Maybe that will be one of my New Year's Resolutions. Get better at dusting? I'm pathetic. Anyway, I'm also grateful that Keith helps me clean too. He takes out the trash every week and cleans the bathroom. He's such a great husband. :)

Day 11: I am thankful for priesthood blessings. As I said before, yesterday wasn't the greatest day. Teaching is REALLY stressful. You somehow have to hold the attention of 25-35 children for 7 hours a day, MANAGE said children, prepare all of your lessons, plan with the rest of your team, score assignments, communicate with parents, do everything in your power to make sure your students will all pass their end of level tests, and complete this endless list of other things I can't even begin to explain on a blog post EVERY DAY. Luckily for me, my job is different, and I only have to deal with about half of the criteria on that list. Still, it has its other challenges and is therefore still SO stressful and difficult. Last night I felt so lost trying to get everything prepared and planned for today. I laid awake panicking the entire night, wondering if I was going in the right direction with this lesson. Finally at about 4:45 after tossing and turning for HOURS, I woke Keith up. The very first thing he did was ask me if I needed a blessing. Hello! Husband of the year. Afterward, I didn't quite fall asleep, but the miraculous thing was that my body and mind did become still. And I was able to just lay in my bed, relaxed for the next hour and a half until I had to get up. Yeah, I'm exhausted. But I'm so glad that Keith is worthy and willing to give me that help when I need it.

No comments: