Monday, November 3, 2008

Test Results and Such

Well, I know that there were some people wondering about how effective my study habits actually are. And I must say, I'm not too disappointed in the results from my midterms. In my writing class, I have a 91%, speaking class is a 95% and my reading class is a 97%. So the worst grades I could possibly get this semester is an A- for 3 credits and an A for 10 credits... I'm not going to complain! It was kind of frustrating that I had to wait so long to figure it out though. Oh well, I think I will survive. Now I just have to figure out my schedule for next semester... And I need to decide if I want to take just 15 credits or 18 credits. Of course, there is a possibility that some of the classes are only offered at certain times that conflict with each other. Well, now I'm just rambling. New topic.

I randomly took off to Shanghai this past weekend with one of my class mates. It was a really fun weekend. But it was nice and tiring. We walked all over Shanghai. We went to the Bund, which was smaller than I expected, but still pretty cool. We also went up into the Pearl Tower. If only there hadn't been so many low lying clouds, it would have been way better. But it was still a lot of fun. One of the best parts was that in the pearl that is 50m tall there is a whole little theme park thingy. It was very entertaining. One of my favorite parts was a roller coaster. :-) I haven't ridden on a roller coaster since before my mission, and it was so fun! It wasn't exactly the most intense of roller coasters, but it was still great fun. Then in the basement of the tower, there is a way cool museum about the history of Shanghai. Also, it was really interesting to see the ex-pat life here in China. It kind of felt like I was back in America when we got to their house. I had chili, fresh baked rolls, and even pancakes for breakfast. It was quite the experience. We are going back to Shanghai in a couple of weeks with the whole BYU program, which will be a lot of fun again. Especially since the train tickets and all of that will be paid for. Hurray for saving money! And new topic.

We have been reading this book called Life and Death in Shanghai for our culture class. It is really interesting. It was written by a lady (who is still alive) that lived through the Cultural Revolution. It was written very well, and her English is all but native. It's a really great book that gives a lot of insight to the Cultural Revolution, which, I believe, is not very well understood in America. I would highly recommend reading it to anyone who is interested. New topic.

We apparently only have about 5 weeks of China left. HOLY SMOKES! This semester has FLOWN by! I still do have a little bit of time left. And then I still get to go to Taiwan for a week and a half. Speaking of witch, I need to get a hold of BYU travel and figure out my flight situation. Long story, ok, not really, I just don`t want to tell it at the moment. But I`m getting very excited to see my friends there. It`s going to be great. New topic.

And my new topic is that I`m done. I really don`t have anything else to say. So hope you all enjoyed. Later.

3 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

Keith we are very happy to know you are doing so well in your classes. Thanks for the info. BYU is going to seem pretty boring, no side trips to see China. I guess you'll just have to adjust.

Laura Willis said...

Joseph has all A's too he says it's boring. =)

Kelli said...

Wow, I'm so excited for you! Sounds like you're having an awesome time! All A's, very nice. Not really surprising though :) New topic... :P I hope you don't go crazy from boredom when you get back to BYU!