Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pictures!

These pictures are kind of in a backwards order, but not like it really matters. I'll attempt to put some more pictures up on facebook at some point. Oh, and there is a video of me in the Shaolin Temple that I need to get on here soon too.

This is the Summer Palace in Beijing. It was kind of cold that day, but this was still one of my favorite places we went while in Beijing.

The Birds Nest. It was pretty stinking cool. And I took a nap on the field in there. :-)

The Great Wall... Need I say more?

This is the Forbidden City. The only people allowed in here were the Imperial Family and their servants until 1950, one year after the PRC was officially organized.

The Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an. They were built in order to guard the tomb of the first Emperor of China, Qinshihuang.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I read your email to mom and dad. You are having enough vacation for the ENTIRE FAMILY! I can't wait to see your video when you post it!

Garry the Jeweler said...

Awesome experiences we are all having (vicariously). Glad you are getting to see so much of China.

by the way, How did you do on your mid terms?

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Woah...the terracotta Warriors are AWESOME! Is it true that they're all different? (oh and have you seen the new Mummy? It's all about the king and those warriors.)

grandma said...

Keith, are you SURE you are going to school? You are having way too much fun!! What great experiences you are having and the rest of us are having through you.

Keith said...

Um... No, I'm not completely sure that I'm going to school. :-)

And, yes, they are all different. It is pretty cool. But half of my classmates have been discussing wither or not they are just a conspiracy set up by the Chinese government as a tourist trap... I kind of find that funny, but ya, it was fun.