Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shanghai

Well, there are no pictures to let you see as of yet. I did manage to get one picture with my camera before the batteries died, again. I think I'm going to just have to get myself some new rechargeable batteries some time soon. We'll see about that though. It was a really fun weekend, despite not having any pictures that I took. I, somehow, managed to spend about $100 over 3 days, which is quite a bit for me here in China. But I think that I'm pretty much done with all of my Christmas shopping, so that makes it a little bit better. And I got myself a wind breaker with matching pants and like 5 t-shirts, plus a few other random things. And then I also ate pretty good. So it's not too hard to see how $100 US just disappeared in one weekend.

Besides shopping, we still did quite a few things. This trip was different from all of our others because we didn't have any set schedule. We got there, got all set up in our hostel, then we were turned loose and we didn't have anything that we had to be together for until the train ride home to Nanjing. But anyway, Friday night, about half of the group took a 1 1/2 hour boat ride down the Huangpu River which runs right through Shanghai. It was a beautiful night! Nice weather, clear sky and a full moon. It was really cool. Here are a few pictures that I pulled off of the internet...



I'll try to get some photos of my own (aka pictures that I stole from people that I actually know as opposed to off the internet) soonish. I don't know if there is really a whole lot for me to say right now. It was a great weekend, but I can't think of any great stories from it. Well, I think I'm going to go get ready for bed and prepare my lesson for tomorrow (I'm teaching Elders Quarm tomorrow, yeppie).

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

dang there are a lot of lights. I bet mom and dad wish they could only spend $100 and get all the kids what they want for christmas. I still can't believe how cheep everything is there. Glad you're having fun!

Garry the Jeweler said...

I can spend $100 and get my kids what they want for Christmas. My kids are very easy to please.

I'm glad you had a fun time in Shanghai. The river trip sound wonderful.
I ran into Nate and JoBeth when I was making deliveries for dad tonight. Then at Stake Conf. Sat. evening guess what Pres. Thedell talked about.
I can take a hint. We will probably be seeing more of Nate.
Love Ya,
Mom

Sarah said...

wow $100, not bad considering everything you did and got. :) I'm excited to see you in a few weeks for Christmas. You will be suprised how big Lydia has gotten.
Oh and we talked about you with her, I think she still remembers you even!

Keith said...

Ya, I have no complaints. It was a fun weekend. There were 2 guys that got tailored suits there in Shanghai for about $50 US, I wish I had thought about it earlier, that way I could have gotten one for the same price, but I can still get one for under $100 here in Nanjing if I shop around for it.

And Sarah, I'm way excited to see you guys and Lydia as well! I just wish that Garry and Sheri could be there for Christmas as well with their kids. That would be awesome. I miss my nieces and nephews.