Wednesday, June 11, 2008

West Coast Swing


My talk on Sunday went well. I talked about honoring the priesthood. It was nice to get it over though. I got The Chronicles of Narnia in the mail on Saturday, and have already finished reading the 2nd book, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. They are such great books! As always, the book is much better than the movie. FHE went pretty good, not as many people showed up as I would have liked to see there, and of those that did show up, there were still a lot who didn't participate. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, more people will come regularly and actually participate in the activities and lessons. Tuesday... Well Tuesday was a great day. After English class with the Sisters, Kami and I prepared for dance class. We got out the teaching DVD that she has and decided which steps we were going to teach. After a little while, we went out to her car to pick the music that we were going to use. She turned up the music in her car and we danced in the parking lot! It was so much fun! It's been almost 2 months since I have actually danced with someone else who dances a lot. It was a blast! I remember now why I love dancing so much. It's so great when you know what you are doing and can just have fun without having to worry so much just to remember how to do the steps that you have learned. And West Coast is such a fun dance too! It's very smooth and relaxed. It isn't the easiest dance to learn though. Of all the dances that I have learned, it was one of the hardest to just get the basic down. But once the basic actually clicks and you know what's going on, it gets much easier to do the other steps.

I must say though, it is one thing to learn a dance and learn it well. It is a whole other ball game to actually teach it to other people. I have to remind myself how hard it was for me to get it when I first learned it as well so I don't get frustrated when it doesn't go smoothly for others. The guys last night were actually doing really good though. There were a few of them who caught on really fast. It's quite impressive actually. I am so excited to keep dancing and teaching dance this summer. Now that I have this summer taken care of, I'll just have to figure something out while I'm in China so I don't forget it while I'm there.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Is that guy in the picture what YOU look like when you dance?

Keith said...

Only when I am REALLY getting in to it :)