Thursday, June 5, 2008

English Class

The Sister Missionaries at the University Ward here in Springfield that I attend have an English class that they teach twice a week. There are only 3 students, but they are all 3 from China. So when the Sisters told me about it I decided that I really wanted to go. Well, I went today, and it was so much fun! Come to find out, two of them graduated from Nanjing University! That's where I'm going to be going this Fall for Study Abroad! Crazy small world, huh? We talked about American holidays, and spent most of the time talking about Christmas. As one of the Sisters was drawing a picture of the Nativity on the board, they asked me to explain a little bit about who Christ is in Chinese for the 3 students. It was so great! It was weired though, I haven't done that in nearly 2 years! Not really in English or Chinese, come to think about it. Even when I have helped the Missionaries since I've been home, every at least knows who Christ is. It was a really cool experience. The best part is that English class is every Tuesday and Thursday, and those are my days off of work! Hurray! I'm way excited about it, it's going to be tons of fun!

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

woah thats awesome! I hope your Chinese hasn't gotten too rusty. You should have seen if you could have done something for the olymipcs this year. That would have been cool. Get paid to go see the olympics. SWEET.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a ton of fun! I wish we did that when we were there!

Margaret M. said...

How amazing you have an English class to fill up those free days for ya! Sounds really fun!