Friday, December 26, 2008

Figuring Things Out

It's been a while since I posted on here. I know I should do better, but if it's not that there isn't anything worth mentioning it's that there is too much going on that I don't know where to start. So I guess first of all, Taiwan was amazing, just as I expected it to be. It was great to get in touch with old friends and see people I haven't seen for 2-4 years. It was awesome. I remembered why it was that I love those people so much. Here's a shout out to all of my Taiwan friends, you guys ROCK!

Well, I'm home now, back in good ole' Missouri. It has been awesome to be home for Christmas with family. Man, I must be having problems with jet lag or something because this whole week I just haven't had any energy. It's just getting frustrating and rather annoying. Perhaps it will get better once I actually get myself a schedule that I actually stick to. We'll see. Well, speaking of getting back to school, I finally figured out what the heck I want to do with the rest of my life. I have decided that I want to be a High School Chinese teacher. Ya, I know High School teachers don't exactly make the big bucks, and teaching high school probably doesn't mean that I'll be sent to China to work, but I'm still really excited about it. I have always enjoyed teaching, and I (obviously) love Chinese. So I think that this is probably the best suited job for me. One of my favorite things from this past semester was helping my 同学 with any Chinese questions that they had. And I don't think I can count how many times I have been told that I should be a Chinese teacher this past semester. So I'm getting really excited about it. The only thing is, I have no idea what I'm going to do about my classes for next semester. When I registered for my classes for next semester, I was planning on doing an International Relations major, and now that that has changed, I don't know if any of the classes I have registered for are going to be needed. So one of the first things on the list of things to do when I get back to BYU is to go talk to a counselor about what the heck I should do for next semester and the rest of my College career. Anyway, I think I'm going to work on uploading pictures to somewhere on the internet so I can show people. I'll post a link on here when I eventually get them up on the internet.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

...maybe your just pregnant. :) that is much more likely then jet lag.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

lol sarah you're funny.

and keith...its not jet lag...its just no one would let you sleep. You're tired cause of LACK OF SLEEP.


lol I almost wrote lack of sheep. HAHA