Monday, December 8, 2008

Do You Speak Chinese?

So tonight for FHE, we are building forts in our living room and making french toast and waffles. (pictures will come later) So earlier we were getting all of the bread and eggs. For 20 people, that's not a small amount of either. So I had it all in a bag walking back home and some random Chinese guy said hello. He noted that I had a bag full of eggs and bread so I told him that we were having a party tonight. He asked if I was going to school here, I said yes and that I go to Nanjing University. Then he asked me "Oh, so you speak Chinese?" ........ I just thought it was really funny that after 3 min this guy didn't even realize that I was speaking Chinese with him. Anyway, funny story, thought I would share.

9 comments:

Laura Willis said...

That is funny and it reminds me of the investigators roommate you told us about in Springfield/ Willard who was looking dumb founded that he could suddenly understand this very American looking young white man.
As Chinese as you may talk, you look the same. =)
French toast sounds really good!
I am looking forward to the pictures.

grandma said...

Are you sure you were speaking Chinese or could it have been Chienglish? :)

Sarah said...

ha ha that funny. That's like when you can't find you hat and it's on top of you head. then you like Oh right, I feel stupid. Only not you, the random Chinese guy. :) That is too funny.

Julia said...

That's hilarious!

Keith said...

hahaha, Sarah, I just read your comment as if it was said by an asian with a really thick accent... It made me laugh.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha Keither, you're so weird. And that is stinken hilarious.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

P.S. I'm counting down the days till we get to see you!!!

Sheri said...

Funny!

Garry the Jeweler said...

That reminds me of the scene in "The Best Two Years" when Elder Calhoun approaches a young American man thinking he is Dutch and the guy says "I don't speak Dutch" Then Elder Calhoun turns to his companion and says, "What did he say?"