Friday, December 5, 2008

End of Classes and Stuff

Holy cow. That's all I have to say... Holy cow. This semester just flew by! I had my last class of the semester yesterday. Pretty crazy. I must say though, I am WAY excited that classes are over. But not quite so excited that I have to leave China. But also very excited about seeing my family and having Christmas. Also, I'm way pumped about going to Taiwan to see my friends. It's going to be great! So yesterday, after we got out of classes, one of the other class' teachers went with a group of us to sing Karaoke. It was tons of fun! And it was all of $5/hour for a room. Split that 7 ways, and you have a cheap recipe for fun! Then we went to get dinner at this place I hadn't ever eaten at... All I can say is that I wish I had discovered this place beforehand. Oh well.

On a random note. The other day in my speaking class, our teacher told us a story that...well, I'll just see how you react... Well, her daughter is in the US studying in College. Instead of calling on the phone, they use skype on the internet to communicate. She said that usually the sound isn't the best. You can't expect too much being over the internet across the world. But she said that the other day it was exceptionally clear. She then attributed the "change" to our good ole' friend, President Elect Obama. It's a good thing his whole campaign is all about "change". I don't really feel like I know quite enough about politics to make much of a statement on Obama, but I know a lot more than most foreigners do. Yet, the media has put him up on such a high pedestal that he can do no wrong. EVERYONE loves him. People here just assume that I love him as much as they do. They can't imagine that anyone wouldn't like him. Grr... It just frustrates me that anything that is slightly good that happens in America from now until Obama is out of office is automatically going to be attributed to him because he's a superhero. Do I think he'll do good things, ya, sure I do. Do I think that he can do no wrong, absolutely not. Another thing I just love is that if you don't like Obama, it's because you are racist. That makes sense. Grrr..... Anyway. Enough about that.

On a more positive note, I got my suit! Horray for cheap stuff in China! Now I just need to find a tie that goes really well with it... Um... Finals are on Monday and Tuesday, not worried about them really at all... Not much else is going on, just having a nice relaxing weekend here in Nanjing... Oh man, it's my last weekend here. Sad day. But next weekend I'll be in Penghu! Yahoo!!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Wahoo for the suit! And Obama looks like a superhero to EVERYONE. Even some people in our ward just LOVE him. And that...I don't get. I could go into that...but I've already done it before...whats done is done.

I'm excited for you to go back to Taiwan. thats AWESOME! Don't forget to take LOTS of pictures!

Garry the Jeweler said...

Wow, Keith, I can't believe you are already done with your classes. Good luck on those finals.
We are all looking forward to seeing you again too.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in Taiwan. We can't wait to hear all about it.
Love ya, Mom

grandma said...

Good job Keith. So glad you had such an awesome "adventure" but I'm glad you will soon be home even if it will only be for a short time.

Laura Willis said...

I totally understand how you feel about the Obama thing and we will leave it at that.
I hope we get to see you when you come home too.
I loved the suit story.
I am with Marisa, I love the pictures!
Travel safe.