Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm in CHINA!

Well, I've been here in China for just over a week. And I LOVE IT! It was quite the experience getting here though. Nothing major happened though. Just long layovers. But after talking to some of the others who are here with me, I have nothing to complain about! I have taken a few pictures, but not very many. And besides, I'm not at my own home right now, I'm at a friends house using her computer and internet. It's probably going to be next Tuesday, at the earlest, that we actually get internet at our place. Well, I'm not sure how fast word travels, but the apartment that I've goten here is with 6 other guys. It's quite intertaining. It's rather big actually. 3 rooms, but only 1 bathroom. But for just about $430 a person for 4 months total rent, you can't complain too loud, right!? Classes are going to be kind of intense, being in the advanced class and only having class Monday-Thursday, but I am for sure going to learn a whole lot! I really hope that my Chinese improves a lot over the next 4 months. It has been an exprience getting used to simplified Chinese. I got myself this really cool electronic dictionary. It's pretty much a little palm computer who's main function is a dictionary/translator. It was about $130 USD, but when I can eat, and be full none the less, for $4-5 a day, I felt like I can afford it. Anyway. I don't have a whole lot of time, so I'll have to save some stories for next time I get a chance to post something. I'll try to get some pictures next time too. I'm just having a blast. I'll update you all later!

2 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yay Keith has friends haha. And I am totally jelous of not only the cost of food, but the quality. Good luck with school! We miss you!

oh yeah, mike car-pools with this guy named corey, and last time they were leaving to go to work mikey said, "buh bye uncle keith!" It was really funny. but now when we ask him where uncle keith is he says, " keith in china"

Keith said...

that's so cute! I miss your kids, but I'm having tons of fun. Tell everyone that they are bums for not posting comments.