Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Day of Work

Well, it finally feels like I'm going to leave! Today was my last day of work at Murfins. I really have enjoyed working there this summer. It wasn't ever too hard of work, and the people were lots of fun. Towards the end of the day, they called me to the back room. When I got there, they had a nice big chocolate cake that said "Good Luck Keith" on it. And they had a card that they had had everyone sign. It was really nice. It sure made me feel good. Everyone was saying that they are going to miss me. Then a little while later, the girls that I work with the most gave me a card from them as well. They wrote down their addresses and gave me a few dollars for me to send them a postcard from China. I do have a lot of good friends there, but I can't WAIT to actually get to China! And I'll be back in 4 months and I'll say hi to them then. But I'm down to the last few days before I leave. The ONLY thing I'm not looking forward to is the 40 hours of travel (including layovers) that I have to endure, ALONE, before I can actually get there. Oh well, it will be well worth it in the end! *just keep telling yourself that...

2 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hahaha Keith...you'll be glad to know I have something for you when you get here. It's for you to play during your layovers...hehehe

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Did you make it safely yet?