Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby Chaps

At long last, I have captured the phenomenon known by some as "Baby Chaps" on camera. This one is for you Marisa. Well, in China, they apparently don't enjoy changing dippers very much, either that or they are just too expensive. Well, for whatever the reason, they have found an alternative to putting dippers on their children. This is a perfect example of what I have dubbed "Baby Chaps", for reasons that aught to be rather obvious. Now, granted, it isn't every baby that dons "Baby Chaps", but you sure see it often enough. Especially when your house is just down the street from the Children's Hospital. My first experience with these "Baby Chaps" was on the subway. There was some cute baby boy sitting on his mom's lap. Upon second glance, I noticed that he was flashing the whole train, via a proper use of his baby chaps. Some of these chaps are just a pair of baby pants that have the seam ripped out from the back all the way to the front. Others are a little more intense, such as the ones you see here. So there you have it, the famous "Baby Chaps". Marisa, I hope you enjoy. :-)

5 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

This photo was of particular interest because we have had 5 babies in the house all week with Garry's family and Rissy and the boys here. In fact I noted this morning that the house was begining to smell like diapers. However some how I don't think this would solve that problem.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Do they just pooh all over the street / subway?

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha mom your funny. YEah...I don't think I'll opt for that. I'd rather contain the mess then find a surprise after I've already stepped in it :D

Sarah said...

Well that looks...breezy. :) I think it' funny that the mom on the subway was holding him on HER LAP. What if he pee'd on her pants. Set him on teh subwy seat, then at least she can just walk away from the mess.
My Korean friend said in Korea they don't use disposable diapers cause that have more people then land and they are trying to conserve their landfills. so it's either cloth diapers or baby chaps. Maybe the same holds true for china, who knows.
I won't be caught wearing a pair of them that's for sure.

Julia said...

That's hilarious. It makes me laugh!