Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roommates

So, I don't think I've told too many of you about my awesome roommates that I have.  Marshall knows them and so does Nanc and perhaps a few other people out here at BYU that happen to feel like stalking on my blog every once in a while.  But other than that, most of you are probably rather clueless as to who my roommates are.  Ok, well, after Marshall and I came back for this semester, I got a new roommate in my room.  His name is Dalan Brown.  He's really stinking cool.  Unfortunately, as some of you know, he was in a car accident a few weeks ago and was hurt pretty bad.  Broken scapula, broken rib, lost a lot of blood, gash across his chest, stressed artery coming right out of his heart, collapsed lung...  It was pretty stinkin bad.  But he's had surgery and things are looking up.  He should have a full recovery and is leaving the hospital in the next day or so.  I didn't have a lot of time to get to know him, but I really liked him.  He would have been a really cool roommate.  He's going back home to Idaho and will be back for the fall.  So we'll see if we end up being roommates then or not.  The other guy who is 'new' is David Howard.  He has technically 'lived' here since the beginning of Fall semester.  I say 'lived' because I think I can count the number of times he's actually slept here on two hands, possibly even just one.  He apparently is pretty serious with his girlfriend and depending on how things go there, he's either going to marry her and we'll never see him again, or it'll end and he'll actually move in.  Who knows what's going on with him...  I did talk to him for about 1 1/2 hours last night and he seems like a pretty cool guy.  Then we have Devon and Steven Janke.  They're brothers from Ohio.  Steven is the oldest.  He works at FedEx early Early mornings (as in, it's not unheard of him to leave for work before I go to bed).  This is his first time moving away from home and isn't exactly a social butterfly, but he's seriously just a really good guy.  He likes computers a lot and loves playing video games, but he's a really caring happy guy.  He's always more than willing to help with whatever you need and generally doesn't really care what other's opinions of him are, he's just going to be himself.  Devon is pretty cool too.  He has an amazing voice and is extremely talented with the piano.  I know he plays the guitar as well and is good at that too, but I don't hear that quite as often as I hear him playing the piano.  Last semester his classes kind of sucked the life out of him.  We had a dance party about half way through last semester that he helped with and it kind of took me and the others who didn't already know him there off guard when we realized how fun of a personality he has.  He can be just as goofy as the next guy and is also just a genuinely happy guy.  Then there's Chris Layton.  He's really stinking funny.  He's almost always smiling and laughing about something.  This guy can seriously take pretty much any situation and find humor in it.  He was actually in the accident with Dalan and when we went to visit him this past Sunday, everyone was laughing about all sorts of random stuff he was saying.  It's always a treat when you are around people with a sense of humor and thing that life should be enjoyed, not just endured.  You can ask anyone here, my roommates are all pretty sweet guys.  They're all just really chill and fun loving.  Julie just thinks that they are amazing and I'd have to agree.  I sure have been blessed with some amazing people around me.  Hopefully next year Devon will be on a mission, but him aside, I'd love to keep my roommates who they are.  Anyway, I figured you should all know how many cool people I'm surrounded by.  I'm sure that you would all like to know how things are going with Julie and I, because, well, let's face it, everyone's always interested in others dating lives.  But I'm going to have to leave you disappointed.  I will say that I should be able to actually post some pictures of us tomorrow.  Hopefully we get a few good ones that she won't despise and will let me put up here for the world to see how gorgeous she is.  But till then, you'll just have to wait.

P.S. Sorry I'm so longwinded.  I just can't really help myself some times...  :-D

3 comments:

Marisa said...

It's good to know you've got good roommates. I know we miss you a lot and It's good to know you've got people to turn to if needed.

Now about this Julie business....YAY!!! you SO better get a pic of the two of you put up on here. It's about time.

Sarah said...

YAY! for awesome roommates, and YAY! for having a good picture of you and Julie! I REALLY hope she gets to come to the reunion.

Julie said...

hopefully you're not too disappointed that i'm going to be your next roommate. i'm sure we can still go visit your old ones! ;-)