Friday, January 14, 2011

The Joys of Being a Poor College Student

Well, it's a new year and we all know what that means...  Taxes!  Ok, ok, I know most people don't really worry about them for another 4 months, but I figure, I only had one job last year and it's really simple to file my taxes, so why not just do it now and get it over with and get my return ASAP?  So I go about filling out the forms online and everything and see that I paid about $100 for state taxes and $200 for federal taxes.  I expect I'll get it all back, being in college and everything, totaling just over $300.  Nice, I could use $300 about now.  I mean, when can you not use $300?  Well...  As I finish the form and am looking it over, I look at the bottom line.  My federal return is actually going to be right at about $1000!  If I thought I could use an extra $300, I sure as heck have no problem getting $800 more than I expected to get back!  Anyway, I'm just kind of excited about it right now and thought I would share the good news!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sweet! Merry Christmas to you!

Sarah said...

WOW! That is a HAPPY day!!!

Marisa said...

dude...you dont even have kids. Thats talent!