Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I must be a masochist

A few weeks ago, I went ice skating. While there, I intentionally went sliding down the ice Superman style, hitting my knee hard on the ice on the way down. While there, I went down on my knees multiple times attempting to mimic a cool trick I saw someone else doing (it wasn't perfect, but it didn't look half bad by the end of the night, if I do say so myself). I also succeeded in knocking my knee on the leg of a table while attempting to sit down to take my skates off.

Later, I bought a pair of roller blades. On my christening trip around Provo, they succeeded in finding one of the worst spots on Provo's already crappy sidewalks, thus introducing my knees and hands and even one elbow to the ground!

In Folk Dance, at the beginning of our dance, I do a dive roll. It's ok, my hip bone breaks my fall on the wonderful wooden dance floor.

Yet again in Folk Dance, we were doing a relay race (No problem, we were on carpet this time). My partner and I had taken the lead with a piggyback ride being the only leg left of the race. She hops on my back and we take off. Not 15 steps into it, I stumble and wipe my knee across the carpet. (there is STILL a scab from that one)

Oh yeah, also in our dance, on multiple occasions, the men go down on one knee. You guessed it! The scabbed, knocked up, bruised knee!

This afternoon, I was playing frisbee. Some one threw the frisbee beautifully right toward me. Instead of using my hands, I decide to catch it with my upper lip and teeth. The result: A fat lip.

Later tonight, we are playing a game for FHE where we have crackers tied to our belts and we are trying to break everyone else's crackers off without loosing our own. It was down to Nick (a room mate) and I. Everyone ganged up on me. I attempted an awkward backwards roll, succeeding in hitting my hip, tale bone and my already scabbed up knee. Not to mention scrapping up my elbow and overextending my thumb.

I can't WAIT to see what tomorrow has in store!

5 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

It sounds like you need to find some activities that are more safe. You are a klutz!But you're still cute.
Love Ya, Mom

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha! That stinks. But now your gonna have a bunch of cool scars. Girls dig scars :P Espically if you tell them you were doing something daring and heroic when you got it. lol!

Caty said...

Masochism is not the way to go, Keith. I hope you have learned your lesson. :-P

Sarah said...

Wow, self destruction is not the way to go Uncle Keith. Why are you doing that to yoru self?
that was a funny post, it made me laugh. See arent you glad that your pain brings joy to others :)

Mark said...

We should get you some hockey gear, that way when you want to be silly you won't injure yourself and others