Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fantoms and Phinals

Don't you hate the feeling of not having something that you have grown accustomed to? I've had the same watch for probably close to 10 years. It has been a great watch. But it broke. Granted, it's been probably 2-3 months since it broke. But I still get that blasted 'phantom watch' feeling on my wrist. I'll shake my arm to move my watch, which isn't there, down to its proper place. It bugs me. Also annoying is the phantom vibration of my phone in my pocket when it's actually in my hand or otherwise out of my pocket. Why does the body play tricks on itself? It's rather annoying.


On another, unrelated subject, I love a good book. It's been a long time since I just sat down to read a novel because I wanted to. I had never read Enders Game, so when I sold my text books back the other day, I picked it up. I highly recommend it. I started reading it today and would probably read through the night and finish it if I didn't have work at 5:00 tomorrow morning and a final or two to take tomorrow which I need to prepare for. Gosh darn school getting in the way of my college experience!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm so glad you liked Ender's Game! You should read Ender's Shadow next, it's the same timeline told from Bean's perspective. Very cool. I think of the two I probably liked Ender's Game better, but I enjoyed Ender's Shadow a lot. There is also a whole "Ender's Game Series" that continues the story, but I didn't think they were as good as those first two.

Sorry you have a phantom watch problem. :) I get the phantom phone vibrate sometimes too; it's pretty whacked.

Garry the Jeweler said...

Maybe it's time for your parents to get you a new watch. Perhaps for your birthday.

Nancyann said...

ugh, the phantom watch feeling is SO obnoxious...actually, just phantom jewelry in general. I get it with my rings too. I feel your pain. ;)

Nancyann said...

oh, and I like the title, hehehe ;) nice.

Whitney said...

I get the phantom phone thing all the time! I've never read Ender's Game, but I've read the Women of Genesis series by the same author. They are phenomenal.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha, yeah I alwasy have the phantom feeling with my neclaces and rings. I still do now and then with my watch as well. And...sorry but I've seriously never heard of that book..hum.. guess i'll have to look it up. Hows the job goin?

Sarah said...

I get the phantom watch even when I'm wearing it. I think it's hiked up on my arm and when i go to push it down it's already down. Now THAT is annoying. :)