Saturday, May 2, 2009

That Was Brutal

Well, that was the longest 'short' week of my life. School started on Tuesday. But my day started earlier than school. Why would I ever subject myself to work so early in the morning!?! I guess that the $8.80/hour had something to do with it. Luckily, they are going to give me a different job to do, thus increasing my hours. No complaints there. As far as school goes... I'm going to be busy. And that's no exaggeration. I'm taking the equivalent of 14 credits, though it is really only 7 (Spring and Summer are shorter, so you have twice as many hours of class and go through the material twice as fast as normal). My Chinese film class is interesting, it's just that it's 3 hours long, twice a week. And being at the end of the day, it gets somewhat hard to keep awake, much less focused. As for History of Utah, well, I'll just say it's not the most riveting class I have ever taken. Gymnastics and Clogging, however, are tons of fun! If only my body didn't hate me for abusing it like I have this past week. But it will eventually be all good. Even if I am nice and sore and tired, at least I'm really enjoying myself.

As if school and work weren't enough for me, I was called to be the 1st counselor in my Elder's Quarm presidency. So I'm going to be nice and busy with that. But I really like the other guys that I'm serving with. The president was my home teacher last semester and is just an all-around good guy, and I live with the 2nd counselor and secretary. I am really looking forward to working with them.

So all-in-all, I'm pretty stinking busy. Which is good. I like busy. Busy is more fun, though possibly somewhat detrimental to my health. Two nights ago, I went with some friends to a midnight showing of the new X-Men movie, good movie by the way, and I was somewhat tired the next day. Then last night, I stayed up with mostly the same group of friends and watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (very funny, I highly recommend it). After it was over, we sat and talked until about 3:00am. I sure appreciate the fact that I'm regaining a social life after a somewhat boring semester last semester, I just kind of wish everything hadn't fallen on me all at once. Oh well, I guess if this is what the Summer has in store for me, BRING IT ON! I'm ready for it!

3 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

I am so glad you are very busy Keith. That is exactly how you should be. Your body will gain the strength it needs to keep up with your gymnastics and dance classes. And I promise you won't get fat this semester. Well you will probably never get fat anyway.
Busy beat board any day.
Love Ya, mom

Sarah said...

School was always more fun for me the more I had going on, HS and collage. And you are going to be in good shape by the time this term is over. :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yeah be grateful you have all that stuff going on. Being bored is well....boring. :P Keeping busy is good for ya! Gimme a call when you have a free moment...no just give me a call. I know free moments are few and far between...so if you have to, call me when your busy :P