Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun Times

So apparently there is this Chinese investigator that the sisters have who lives right by the church. He was supposed to come to church on Sunday, but he didn't show up. So we walked over to his house, knocked on the door and asked his room mate if he knew where he was. He was studying or something like that, so we asked if we could leave a note for him. His room mate didn't quite understand what we were saying, so I say, "我們可以留一個字條給他嗎?" ("Can we leave a note for him?) He just looked at me, kind of stunned, not sure why he could all of a sudden understand what these white people were saying. Hehehe, it was great. It's probably one of my favorite things in the world to see the look on a Chinese persons face when they realize that I speak Chinese. It makes me smile. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That is the funniest ting ever. Once my handsome trainer and I were in an elevator, and two young girls talked about how charming he is softly. After my trainer heard the compliments,”謝謝”(Thank you)he answered. These girls’ faces turned red immediately and when the elevator’s door opened, they run out like there was a horrid hound chasing behind them. That’s hilarious!