Monday, July 14, 2008

Bigger and Better

Well, first of all, sorry I haven't posted anything about EFY yet... I will... Eventually... Check out my facebook for some pix. And if you don't have facebook, you can click here. I will get to it I promise. But first, tonight for FHE we played Bigger and Better. It's a really fun game. If you have never played it, the rules are rather simple: Every group starts off with one small object, usually a coin or something like that. You proceed to go to anyone's house you can find and ask them if they have something either bigger or better in some way than the thing you have. If they do, and are willing, you trade with them. After a while, you all go back and see which group has the coolest thing. (Groups are optional. The game is plenty of fun just going with your friends and not competing at all.) I intended on having a lesson about how out of small things are great things brought to pass. I left home early enough to prepare the lesson at church while I waited for others to come for the activity. Well, something small hit my tire. Actually, it wasn't that small. It was a really stinking long screw driver head for a drill. I think I may have drug the drill along with me for a while too. But anyway, I changed my tire, pulled the screw driver thingy out and now have it as a souvenir.
On to the game... Well, every group started out with a Korean coin. At the first house we talked to someone at, we traded the coin for $.50. Not much, but worth more than the original coin was. The next house, we got a can of pork and beans or something like that. It was beans 就對了. Then we got a bag of chips. For the chips we got a 5 lbs thing of ground beef that expired 2 weeks ago. We proceeded to trade that for a large stuffed bear holding a heart. It was a rather soft bear too... Anyway... We weren't sure what else we could get, and we bombed out on the next few houses. But the last house we went to, we traded the bear for a fake tree. It was pretty much hilarious. We should play that game again some time. It was tons of fun.

2 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Oh my gosh! That is the coolest date idea EVER! I think we may have to try that sometime.

Nancyann said...

haha, that's so cool. I think we did that for young womens one time...I think my favorite of yours was the expired meat, lol. (and I totally think the people who have you 50 cents got a better deal...it was a korean coin for goodness sake!)