Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Carpet Cleaning

We got our carpets cleaned today. I absolutely HATE getting our carpets cleaned, and here are my reasons why...

1) Is it really necessary to clean the carpet three times a year?! They're just stealing our money. We HAVE to have them cleaned when the complex schedules the cleanings, and they automatically add the charge to our monthly rent bill. Yuck. More needlessly spent money. I keep a clean house... and I KNOW I didn't dirty my carpet that much over the last semester...

2) Those guys are in and out of here within 10 minutes. How is that a bad thing you might ask? Not gonna lie, it's not like I want people tramping around my house for hours and hours, but heck, if you're going to claim to "clean the carpets," you had better CLEAN THE CARPETS! And honestly, I doubt you can legitimately clean an entire apartment's worth of carpet in 10 minutes, even though our apartment is small and the carpet wasn't all that dirty to begin with.

3) WET SOCKS! UGH! I hate having wet socks! Or wet feet! Or wet shoes even! The ventilation in our place isn't all that great, and that stuff they spray doesn't dry too quickly. They came in for 10 minutes, but we'll have uncomfortably wet floors for the next day and a half. Fantastic...

I have to admit though, there is one (and only one) good thing about getting your carpets cleaned. Your floors have to be clear, and vacuumed. I ALWAYS keep my house neat and clean. In fact, my friends get ticked off if they hear me call my place a mess. However, when we get our carpets cleaned, my house is extra, EXTRA squeaky clean. And I love me some clean house. :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Dean said...

You don't happen to live in Union Square, do you? Pretty sure this sounds exactly like Union Square.

Sarah said...

I can't imagine that you and keith get the carpets all the dirty, but still, 10 mins for an entire apartment? That sounds a bit like a rip off to me.
In MY house, they could spend 10 mins in the dinning room (who puts carpet in the dinning room, really?) and not even be 1/2 done.