Sunday, July 31, 2011

Or Not...

Well, this was going to be a post about how awesome it is to have the key to our apartment and have a lot of my stuff moved in...  But when I went to get the key to the apartment yesterday, the day that they told me to come by to get it, the office was closed.  Ya, really cool huh?  I was planning on having all the big stuff moved in today so I could have time to organize everything and clean what I need to in my old place before I check out.  Well, looks like I'm just going to be really busy this week with moving and cleaning and organizing.  Oh well.  I'll survive.

Among the obvious reasons why I'm so excited to move into our new apartment, there is one reason that most of you don't know about...
(Thank you Google for auto-save...  I tried dragging and dropping this picture
 and instead of adding it where I wanted it, it went away from this page and 
opened the picture up instead.  Again, thank you Google for auto-save.)

No, my house isn't infested with tons of flies...  Just two.  Two flies (I thought it was just one for a while, but was proven wrong when they decided to tag team me) have been terrorizing me in my apartment for the past few weeks.  They're pretty slow, but just fast enough that I can't catch them.  They like to hang out where ever I am.  If I'm making myself some food, they'll come taunt me right beside my plate or the sink or on the cupboard door (Thanks again Google for voice search!  When spell check fails to read my mind, at least you can understand what I'm saying...).  Or I'll be hanging out on the couch and they'll just land right next to my feet and start walking on them...  Ya, that's obnoxious!  Or my head, they seem to like that too.  Like I said, they have been tormenting me for far too long and I'm so ready to be rid of them!  Yes yes yes, I know...  I should just go get a fly swatter.  Two things: One, I'm lazy. Two, I never think about it when I'm not at home and the flys aren't teasing me.  Now, what I need are one of those electric bug zapper/fly swatters that everyone seemed to have in Taiwan.  When I was on my mission, I was sure that you wouldn't ever be able to buy them in America because, well, let's face it, it's a bunch of exposed wires with electricity going through them!  But low and behold, Amazon has them for sale for $12.99!  Not that I'm going to buy one...  Anyway, good riddance to those stupid flys!

2 comments:

Julie said...

When I saw this, the first thing I saw was the picture, obviously. Gross... Then I start reading, and the first thing you talk about is moving into our new apartment. Don't you ever scare me like that again. You better kill any nasty bugs before I get there!

Sarah said...

LOL Julie!!