Monday, January 11, 2010

A Much Needed Update

Wow, well, there has most definitely been an eventful month or so... Well first of all, for those of you who don't already know, I am once again single. When I made the decision to end it with Paula, over a month's worth of frustration, anxiety and a whole mess of other less-than-fun feelings all seemed to dissipate. I could go into a whole explanation of why I decided to break up with her, but I won't. Basically, we weren't nearly as right for each other as we thought. Most of the pain was dealing with crap before I decided to end it, but there was still frustration and annoyances after it was over. I wish I could say I was completely over everything, but I'm not completely over everything. The relationship, yes, I'm over that. It's just the residual junk that is inevitable when a relationship that close/intense ends. Whatever. Even with all of that staring in my face over Christmas break, I still enjoyed myself while I was at home. I got to see friends and family that I haven't seen for quite a while. I did come to the conclusion, though, that I don't want to go back to Missouri this summer. I love my family and my friends there, but there isn't enough there to warrant living at home all summer. And I'm probably not going to take any classes either, so I'm just going to be working early morning custodial, probably sleeping all afternoon and hanging out/partying all night! I'm really excited about it, but I still have a whole semester to enjoy before I get to the summer! And I really do think I'm going to enjoy this semester. I have 3 dance classes :-D all of which I'm really enjoying. Nancyann decided to add beginning tap at the same time as me too, so we now have two classes together. I'm excited. It's already been a lot of fun having her out here, even though we haven't really done much of anything yet. We are planning on doing a double date this week or next and I'll probably just set her up with one of my friends. As I was thinking about who I could set her up with, I realized that almost all of my really close friends are either dating someone or are girls... I do have a few people I could set her up with, but really, almost all of my really close friends are girls. Anyway.

So I went on my first date in a long time on Saturday. I took one of my really good friends from work. She's in a beginning clogging class and we both had to go to a percussive dance performance. Well, there was one not too far away on Saturday, so I went over to her place and we walked to the theater. It was a really fun performance, we both really enjoyed it. After the show, we walked back to her place, had some hot chocolate to warm up and talked for about an hour. Then I headed home. It was just really simple, but it was a lot of fun. Like I said though, now I just need to figure out who I'm going to set Nanc up with and who I'm going to go with for our double date we are planning... Hum.... I'll attempt to be better about updating my blog this semester... No promises though, I know myself too well :-D. Anyway, I'm hungry. I'm going to go get myself some lunch or something. Later!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

maybe nancyann will keep her blog updated so we can still here the news from out there when you forget to update your blog.

Nancyann said...

Heck yes we're having fun out here together Keith! :D And Marisa....I'm with Keith, I'll try, but not make any promises, cause I too know myself too well. :P That and the fact that I'm still busy, probably once things settle down I will update it more...maybe. :)

Sarah said...

Yeay TAP! Welcome to the coolest club EVER!
thanks for the update Keith. Way to go on the dates!

Whitney said...

That's fun that you get to hang out with your sis. And congrats on making a very hard decision! I'm glad that you seem to be moving on.